Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The Business of Stage Hypnotism
The Secrets Of A Full Time Stage Hypnotist
Andre Grove started as a magician and wanted to be the next David Copperfield until he saw a stage hypnotist and his performing career changed forever.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Does walking on stage with only a microphone as a prop interest you? Then stage hypnosis is possibly a way you can pack theaters.
- It takes a lifetime to be an overnight success and there is nothing easy about it.
- Developing your brand by paying your dues, treading the boards for many years.
- Never take any audience for granted for your next big booking may be watching you.
- It is so important that you every show as happy as your audience.
- Learning to let go of marketing and hand it over to a professional.
- The day to day work schedule of life on the road when touring.
- Dealing with theatre owners and local council regulations.
- Understanding the attendance habits of theatre patrons.
- Listening to your audience’s conversations after the show.
- Choosing your market and sticking to your market.
- Andre tells the reality of a career on the stage.
- Don’t do a stage hypnosis course if you are not a performer first.
- Learn the ropes in comedy clubs.
- 2% of stage hypnosis are actually hypnosis skills. 98% is showmanship.
Links and resources discussed in this episode:
Thank you for listening
To get more Magician Business Podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Please help by leaving a review on iTunes, they are really helpful and we appreciate you taking the time. Reviews help our podcast get noticed by entertainers, magicians and performing artists all over the world which grows our community.
A larger community means more experience to share with each other so please feel free to share your comments below.
Thanks again, Ken and Julian