Seasonal Work For Magicians
The Hi’s and Ho’s of Becoming a Professional Santa
It’s true. Santa spends the whole year working to bring joy to so many. We know because we asked him … well we asked THEM. The secrets out, yes, there is more than one. Plus Santas are going hi tech. In this episode learn some of the tips and techniques of a 21st century ‘Smart’ Santa.
Stephen Gillham and Leon McBryde are two entertainers who work year round as Santas. We caught up with them in a noisy corridor at the Kidabra Kids Magic Convention in Tennessee.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- The difference of Santa not being a magician but magical things happen when Santa is around.
- Using the stage that exists in people’s mind to take them on a journey back into their childhood.
- Living up to society’s ideals of what Santa is.
- The 3 types of Santa: family, community, professional
- What you need to be a Santa
- Creative ideas to add to your Christmas magic shows
- How to educate clients to the benefits of employing a Santa character
- The HUGE marketing advantage Santas have … and how to play this to your advantage
- Even Santas need up to date marketing photos
- What is a Smart Santa? Find out
- A simple way to grow an audience of children from a few to hundreds
- What is the power of wrinkles
- Career opportunities for Santas
Links and resources discussed in this episode:
Contact Leon McBryde through his ProKnows.com site
Contact Stephen Gillham through TriangleSanta.com
Thank you for listening
To get more Magician Business Podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Please help by leaving a review on iTunes, they are really helpful and we appreciate you taking the time. Reviews help our podcast get noticed by entertainers, magicians and performing artists all over the world which grows our community.
A larger community means more experience to share with each other so please feel free to share your comments below.
Thanks again, Ken and Julian