Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The Importance of Outsourcing With Stephanie Lee Harper
How to be a magician and outsource extra bookings to a costume characters you have trained
Stephanie Lee Harper aka. Super Steph was driving to gig in her signed up van. At a traffic light a car pulled alongside and the man driving enthusiastically waved a balloon sword at her. She could have driven off but she didn’t. This strange meeting led to Stephanie creating a business where she recruits, trains, books and takes a cut of the performance fee of Super Hero party characters. Find out the nuts and bolts of ….
running a business model like this and discover the importance of ‘outsourcing’, whether it is finding people to take extra bookings you have earned or finding people online who will do administrative tasks that you dislike doing. Lots to learn in this information packed episode withe Stephanie Lee Harper.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- How to move towards a protected income as an entertainer
- Should you create different price points between a magic act and super hero characters
- Can you outsource your phone enquiries? Playing to your strengths … can you actually get someone to take phone bookings because you don’t like phone work
- Where to find entertainers to be on your books
- Who are the best type of people to hire?
- Which age is best?
- How to interview entertainers for the positions.
- How much should you pay
- The first steps you should take to begin outsourcing bookings to other entertainers
- Secret Tip to help you secure more bookings
- How first impressions are important
Links and resources discussed in this episode:
4 Hour Work Week – Tim Ferris
Jay Jay as featured in Episode 2 about Youtube and Money
ODesk – a great place to start outsourcing jobs
Here’s the screen shot of Julian’s Magician School that I won the Knucklehead of the Week award for.
Magician Business Special Offer
Act before January 15th 2015 and you get this amazing conference registration deal.
Regular conference price $400 ( a bargain any day of the week)
Register before January 15th 2015 and pay only $300 MINUS the Magician Business Exclusive extra discount of a further $25
A total cost of $275
- Exclusive to Magician Business
- Strictly LIMITED Time
Contact Eric at email@example.com with any questions
Thank you for listening
To get more Magician Business Podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Please help by leaving a review on iTunes, they are really helpful and we appreciate you taking the time. Reviews help our podcast get noticed by entertainers, magicians and performing artists all over the world which grows our community.
A larger community means more experience to share with each other so please feel free to share your comments below.
Thanks again, Ken and Julian