Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Online Magic Shops With Dominic Reyes from
Merchant of Magic
How your magic performer business can improve using the same techniques of customer service, customer tracking and relationship building that good online magic businesses implement
Dominic Reyes set out to help people improve their magic performing skills and to earn a little money on the side. Sales took off and the all consuming work of fulfilling orders and getting them out the door squashed his immediate dreams of helping other magicians. After 14 years in the magic shop business he has found ways to create a good balance between giving and providing security for his family. There is so much we can all implement contained within this interview with Dominic Reyes …
In This Episode We Discuss:
- How helping others is good for you both ethically and to improve sales / bookings
- The concept of reciprocity in business
- A KILLER email tip that you can use today
- Are you struggling maintaining your interest in magic? Are you alone on this?
- Mentoring is vanishing along with brick and mortar magic shops. Are you affected by this and don’t realize?
- Hear Dominic’s advice for magicians starting out
- His relationship with TV magicians like Dynamo and how he got to be in this position
- Do you want to start a magic shop? What are the hurdles? What are the benefits?
- The biggest problem beginners face
- Dominic talks candidly about his biggest failure in online business and what he is doing to overcome it.
Links and resources discussed in this episode:
Find Dominic’s podcast episodes here at Merchant of Magic Blog
Dominic’s online magic shop Merchant of Magic
Merchant of Magic Facebook page
Check out the Magic Business University Conference that Ken and Julian are supporting
Don’t forget, leave your Magic Shop stories in the comments box below …..
Thank you for listening
To get more Magician Business Podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Please help by leaving a review on iTunes, they are really helpful and we appreciate you taking the time. Reviews help our podcast get noticed by entertainers, magicians and performing artists all over the world which grows our community.
A larger community means more experience to share with each other so please feel free to share your comments below.
Thanks again, Ken and Julian