A Discussion on Getting Booked
For Restaurant Magic
David Ranalli started young performing magic in restaurants. From age 14 he has been table hopping building up strong work practices and an appreciation of the restaurant industry and how magicians can better position themselves to get the most value from a restaurant gig.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Is there a personality type best suited going table to table?
- Acting as an ambassador for the restaurant.
- How restaurants have changed.
- Some great ways to get started
- The dangers of talking to ‘assistant managers’
- How to get paid
- How to make the restaurant work to your full advantage
- Setting up a contract.
- Where to find restaurant associations?
- The rise of chain and franchise restaurants and how this can work for you.
- Using local media to benefit the magician and the restaurant owner.
- Using the restaurant as a showcase for your magic skills to private clients.
- Use the ‘selfie’ craze to your advantage
Links and resources discussed in this episode:
David Ranalli Website
David Ranalli Instagram
David Ranalli Twitter
David Ranalli Youtube
David Ranalli LIVE
Thank you for listening
To get more Magician Business Podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Please help by leaving a review on iTunes, they are really helpful and we appreciate you taking the time. Reviews help our podcast get noticed by entertainers, magicians and performing artists all over the world which grows our community.
A larger community means more experience to share with each other so please feel free to share your comments below.
Thanks again, Ken and Julian