Behind The Business of a Corporate Magician
Business is all about measuring costs, not just financial, but also emotional. Brian Glow frankly talks about the highs and lows of life on the road as a seasoned corporate magician and you get insights by hearing some of the real stories, the real costs associated with this.
Who’s Brian Glow? Mind your own corporate business. Well, actually, Brian has been minding his for years; about 40 to be correct.
“This outstanding corporate magician and illusionist is recognized as one of the top specialists in his field of entertainment, magic, illusion, and special effects design. For over 40 years Brian Glow has performed for corporate events, sales meetings, new product launches, and trade show exhibits, featuring corporate entertainment in over 40 countries.
Brian Glow is the creator of one of the largest touring magic and illusion shows. This expert corporate illusionist works with a cast of up to 75 of dancers, assistants, and technicians. His concert productions have been touring throughout the world since 1977 to over 40 countries and has recently toured in Europe, Jamaica, USA, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, and a coast-to-coast in Canada.”
That’s the promo blurb, and as accurate in detail as it is, it doesn’t tell the whole story. It doesn’t let you see behind the scenes of what it takes to live the life and do the job of a corporate magician.
This episode of the Magician Business podcast pulls back the curtains a bit so we can get a glimpse of the reality of life on the road…
In this episode we talk about:
- The amount of money corporate magicians earn
- The different styles of work a corporate magician will do in a year
- Feeding your clients ideas on HOW they can use your magic services
- Is the most valuable training a magician could do is a degree in business?
- How to balance your family life and why it’s so important in having the right partner to support you?
- The stress and burn out of life on the road
- Big shows that don’t go to plan
- The benefits and disadvantages of working with large cast and crew
- The expenses vs. profit of large shows
- Marketing for magicians
Links and resources mentioned:
Find Brian at http://corporateandcasinomagician.com/
Thank you for listening
Please help by leaving a review on iTunes, they are really helpful and we appreciate you taking the time. Reviews help our podcast get noticed by entertainers, magicians and performing artists all over the world which grows our community. A larger community means more experience to share with each other so please feel free to share your comments below.
Ken and Julian