The Relationship Between Magician
And Booking Agent
Have you ever wondered what an agent thinks, what a booking agent wants, what will turn a booking agent away from wanting to represent you? In this episode Ken Lindsay from Dreamtime Agencies in South Africa ,who wears two hats as performer and agent, tells all.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Becoming a magician is more about applying a process than having the ability to do magic.
- Selling yourself in the third person. The pros and cons.
- What do you need to know before approaching a booking agent?
- Is there a relationship between entertainer and agent?
- How to set up your own booking agency for entertainers
- Clients always wait till the last moment to book. Be prepared.
- What regulations exist for starting an agency?
- What tax implications are they?
- Contracts and what you need to know.
- Dealing with refunds to clients
- Can you hand out your business cards if you have been booked by an agent?
- Entertainers have a gift. You have a skill that you can always use to earn you money. Never forget how valuable that is.
Links and resources discussed in this episode:
Martino – influential magician from South Africa mentioned by Ken
Essential Video Guide – useful video tutorials
Thank you for listening
To get more Magician Business Podcasts sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Please help by leaving a review on iTunes, they are really helpful and we appreciate you taking the time. Reviews help our podcast get noticed by entertainers, magicians and performing artists all over the world which grows our community.
A larger community means more experience to share with each other so please feel free to share your comments below.
Thanks again, Ken and Julian